Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: stuck power knob on canon 518SV

  1. #1
    Inactive Member unxetas's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hi everyone!!

    Well I just bought a "new" S8 camera and everything is working just perfect except the power knob is stuck in the "on" position.. it kinda ***** since I have to take out the bateries all the time...

    I saw the guy who sold me the camera turning the knob.. he did have to put in some effort, but it did turn.. But I just can't do it :| I could use some WD-40 or similar but I'm afraid it'll go inside the camera and ruin the circuitry or whatever..

    any thoughts??

    thanks in advance guys!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't own that specific camera so I don't know what to suggest. Maybe someone else who has used the camera or owns it will chime in. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member unxetas's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the reply [img]smile.gif[/img]

    well here's a picture of the camera, maybe someone owns a camera with this type of knobs and.. well, knows what to do [img]smile.gif[/img]

    http://www.mondofoto.com/cameras/Can...Zoom-518SV.jpg

    btw, I managed to turn it last night but.. **** , I wrecked my fingers lol

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My error Tiago, I have one of these cameras!

    I don't have any problem turning the power knob at all on mine, just letting you know so that we can discount the idea that it happens on the same make and model camera of the same age.

    There is a very tiny set screw on the side of the on/off knob. I'm wondering if you might want try and unscrew the tiny set screw and see if the knob comes off. You might be better able to see what course of action to take once the knob is off.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member unxetas's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well I'll have to try that! I don't have such small tools right here, but I'll grab some from my dads garage one of these days!

    Anyway, I found a way to turn it hehehe.. I have to get a cloth or something and this way I can turn it without wrecking my fingers :S

    Thanks Alex, much appreciated!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •